Saturday, 30 March 2013

week 11

This week we still learn a little bit about bid-Oh, Big-Omega, and big-Theta. This material is very new for me, I have never seen this kind of thing in any of my previous math courses. I think it looks a lot more complicated, but if we understand the concept, it gets easier. The challenge that I find when doing these type of question is determining whether to prove or disprove. I always confuse on how to check if we have to prove of disprove the question. Also, proving using the limit technique sometimes confuse me. I am always wondering, the limit is the proof or just the way to check whether to prove or disprove the question.

Tutorial this week is also still about proving big-Oh, and big-Theta. at first, I don't know what is big-Theta, I just knew that big-Theta is both big-Oh and big-Omega and I have no idea about the structure and how to solve big-Theta. Luckily, I was guided and helped by TAs, now, I understand how to prove big-Theta.

As for the assignment this week, I don't know if it is more difficult than other assignment or not, but I think I can handle the first 4 question, although I don't know if it is right or wrong. The fifth question on the other hand, I do not understand it at all. I have not read it carefully, I've just read through it, and it looks different than other question. I still have to figure out what the question and asking. If I am still do not understand it, I think I am going to ask TA or Prof. Heap in his office hour. Hopefully, I can figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment