Most of the time this week I spent to do the assignment. I think it is not really difficult but not too easy either. This assignment is interesting in the way that me and my partner able to exchange opinion and correct each other and that actually made me understand more. There are some questions that are very confusing, like number 4, because we know the answer but unable to explain the reason why. It is very difficult to explain our thinking and opinion.
This week material that I find really confusing is the truth table, I don't really understand how to read those table. I mean, how to know which statement is true and which one is false? are we even supposed to remember the contents of the table?
Aside from the truth table, I think the proofing part from this week material and also in tutorial is very interesting because it is very reliving and satisfying if you able to proof the equivalence.
A truth table is a table to compute the values of logical expressions on each combination of values taken by their logical variables. In particular, truth tables can be used to tell whether a propositional expression is true for all input values, that is, logically valid.
ReplyDeletePractically, a truth table is composed of one column for each input variable (for example, A and B), and one final column for all of the possible results of the logical operation that the table is meant to represent (for example, A OR B). Each row of the truth table therefore contains one possible configuration of the input variables (for instance, A=true B=false), and the result of the operation for those values.
If you still have questions, you can ask me during the tutorial.